Two brands branching out into menswear, the top lip colour, Old Navy extending its plus-size section, and other style news that caught our attention in August.
- Vogue and the CDFA have announced they will no longer be hiring models under 18.
- With The Eco Collection, Madewell is bringing out a new six-piece denim line-up “created with 65% fewer chemicals and 75% less water than conventional fabric.”
- The company will also be launching menswear.
- Meanwhile, The Row is also branching out into menswear, with a first collection coming as soon as this Fall.
- Chanel is launching Boy de Chanel, an entirely new line of makeup that is specifically “for men.”
- Old Navy is extending its plus-size section to include sizes ranging from 16 to 30 in 75 locations across the country.
- A study by YouCam Makeup revealed that millennial pink is the top lip colour globally.
- Here’s a look at Christophe Lemaire’s Fall 2018 collection for Uniqlo.
- Venus Williams’ fashion label will now also offer a 0X to 3X plus-size collection.
Fun Fashion Fact
Did you know that Aretha Franklin, who passed away earlier this month, was a vocal advocate for size inclusivity in the fashion industry. “In an interview with Jet magazine in 1987, she reportedly asked Calvin Klein if he could ‘please make 14s,’ referring to the lack of clothing available over a size 12. She also called out Valentino: ‘Valentino has some of the most chic clothing that I have ever laid eyes on,’ she said at the time. ‘I become enraged every time I see the Valentino line,’ Franklin continued. ‘Please if you won’t do a 14 — and you’re making the girls who wear 14 very unhappy — please do a special order for me’.”
NOTE: Some rich content in this post was omitted because it isn’t supported by the feed. Please visit the post on youlookfab.com to see the additional content.