Megan Williams works the runway at the 2018 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show; Image: Taylor Hill/FilmMagic/Getty Images
You may not know her by name yet, but Megan Williams is one of the fashion industry’s most buzzed-about rising stars. This past year marked her third time walking in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show and she’s also walked runways for Ralph Lauren, Dolce & Gabbana and Philipp Plein. She has appeared as the face of Guess in numerous campaigns, been featured on the cover of Madame Figaro and appeared in the pages of Harper’s Bazaar. We caught up with the English stunner to ask her our quickfire questions.
- The first thing I do in the morning is… take 15 minutes to really wake up before I look at my phone and start my day off with a cup of hot water and lemon.
- The last thing I googled was… flights home for the holidays!
- If my days had one extra hour… I’d sleep an extra hour!
- The best beauty advice I ever received was… to drink lots of water when flying. I have also started to add collagen powder into my hot drinks and I’ve seen a great difference in my skin.
- My desert island beauty product is… Dr. Barbara Sturm Sun Drops. It’s my favorite sun cream and it doesn’t irritate my skin — a necessity on a desert island.
- One thing I wish I could change about the fashion industry is… I would change how the public perceives it and the stereotypes associated with it.
- When I have free time… I spend time with friends. I am lucky to have amazing friends in the city.
- When my self-confidence has taken a hit… I take a minute and look back at how far I’ve come. We are sometimes so focused on what we have yet to achieve that we forget to look back at how much in life we have already accomplished.
- My guilty pleasure is… anything sweet. I have a big sweet tooth.
- When I have a big blemish the day before a photoshoot… I actually try to just leave it alone and not touch it. As soon as I touch a blemish, it just gets worse.
- When it comes to working out… I love to try and incorporate all types of workouts, from boxing and running to Pilates and yoga.
- A career achievement I’m dying to check off is… a major magazine cover!
- If you looked at my desktop you’d see… my Netflix. I’m currently binging Planet Earth.
- My most memorable travel experience was… a trip I took this summer to India with an organization I support called Nalu. We went to a very remote province in India where the government supports schooling up until the age of 12 and often stops their contributions after this age. Because of this, you can see enormous dropout levels since families can’t afford the uniform needed for the children to attend school. We visited many different schools where we handed out school uniforms to the children who needed them to continue their education. It was an incredibly eye-opening and special trip.
- I’m dying to splurge on… a trip to explore Iceland.
- What people don’t realize about the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show is… the women in the show are so dedicated to training and looking after their bodies in the same way athletes do. To us, being chosen to walk in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show is like being chosen for the Olympic team. A lot of hard work goes into achieving our goal of walking in the show.
- My favorite place to shop is… London. I feel like the fashion there is just so cool and I love the street style. Being a Brit, I know my way around the streets and can find all the hidden gems.
- The best advice for looking great in a photo is… lighting! It’s so important for creating a beautiful image. I love natural light.
- My most treasured possession is… my passport. I couldn’t get home to see my family without it!
- My biggest fashion regret is… I constantly look back at old pictures and think, “What was that outfit? What was I thinking?” But then I realize that I felt good at the time and that’s all that matters.
- One thing I wish people knew about me is… there’s a lot more to find out…
The post 21 Questions With… Victoria’s Secret Model Megan Williams appeared first on theFashionSpot.