Danielle Herrington shows off her 2018 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue cover; Image: Gotham/GC Images/Getty Images
She may be stunning, but Danielle Herrington is also down to earth. When she’s not thrift store shopping or slathering on sunscreen, the 25-year-old California native is modeling for the likes of Victoria’s Secret, Guess and Sports Illustrated. In addition to being in its pages in 2018, Herrington appeared on the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue cover, making her only the third black woman to ever do so (along with Beyoncé and Tyra Banks). She’s also a muse to Carine Roitfeld and was featured in CR Fashion Book’s first-ever calendar. Here’s how the New York City-based model answered our quickfire questions.
- The first thing I do in the morning is… play music.
- The last thing I googled was… Tulum, I’ve never been.
- If my days had one extra hour… I’d sleep!
- The best beauty advice I ever received was… stay hydrated and always moisturize.
- My desert island beauty product is… sunscreen.
- When I hear that girls/women are down on themselves because they can’t live up to the image models project… I would tell them that we don’t wake up like that every morning. There is a whole team of people doing our hair, makeup and styling us.
- When I’m stressed… I like to meditate. It helps a lot, but if I don’t have time I like to listen to music.
- When my self-confidence has taken a hit… I talk to my best friends.
- My guilty pleasures are… french fries, tacos, burgers, hot Cheetos…the list can go on forever!
- My most memorable career highlight was… getting the cover of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit last year.
- When it comes to working out… I like to do lots of cardio and Pilates.
- A career achievement I’m dying to check off is… being in a movie or on a TV show.
- If you looked at my desktop you’d see… a bunch of open files. My photo album is always open.
- My most memorable travel experience was… going to Costa Rica for my birthday. We stayed at the beautiful Villa Manzu and I got to jet ski for the first time.
- I’m dying to splurge on… a vacation for my whole family.
- One thing people don’t realize about the fashion industry is… that it can definitely seem intimidating at times, especially if you’re not in the industry. I think people should remember that fashion is all about having fun and experimenting with your own personal style.
- My favorite place to shop is… a good thrift store.
- The best advice for looking great in a photo is… make sure you find good lighting!
- My most treasured possessions are… they’re not really possessions, but I really treasure my friendships. When life gets a little crazy, my friends really keep me going!
- My biggest fashion regret is… wearing tights, jean shorts and Uggs at the same time.
- One thing I wish people knew about me is… I’m really goofy.
The post 21 Questions With… Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model Danielle Herrington appeared first on theFashionSpot.